Friday, February 12, 2010

Got bit

by the sewing bug.

I was thinking about the stuff in my closet. I'm bored. I decided to design a dress, then realized I don't have time to sew. I decided to go to a local fabric shop where a friend works as a seamstress to see if she has the time to add one more to her stack. I'm not in a rush for it, just want something new. She wasn't there.

On my way out the door, I saw some light weight denim with pastel butterflies embroidered on it. I thought it was so pretty. That's when the sewing bug got me. Now, I have to make a dress that I designed, & a skirt & matching jacket. I should have worn blinders on my way through the store. LOL

I talked to Mom & told her what I found. Since I spend a lot of time at her house, & a lot of the time is spent sitting & chatting, she told me to bring my stuff over & make the stuff there. I think I'll take her up on the offer. I should have my current craft project finished tomorrow. It's a prayer shawl for a friend who is undergoing chemo. I guess I'll spend some time Sunday moving sewing stuff, & maybe Monday I can start cutting & sewing.

No comments: